Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blue_Mike (Admin)
Blue_Mike (Admin)
Admin

Amazon’s new Astro robot is a ‘privacy nightmare’ that will ‘throw itself down stairs’, its own developers say Empty Amazon’s new Astro robot is a ‘privacy nightmare’ that will ‘throw itself down stairs’, its own developers say

30/9/2021, 2:00 am
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/amazon-astro-robot-leak-motherboard-stairs-b1929061.html

The Independent wrote:"Amazon’s new robot Astro, an Alexa-enabled device with a screen for a ‘face’, that drives around a house is allegedly “terrible and will almost certainly throw itself down a flight of stairs”, according to one developer who worked on the project."

"One developer speaking to Motherboard have said that the robot is unwieldy and alleged that “the person detection is unreliable at best, making the in-home security proposition laughable”, adding that the "device feels fragile for something with an absurd cost” and recalling numerous issues such as broken masts – which are unable to be fixed because there is no way to ship it to Amazon."

Is it weird that I have become so jaded that when I read things like this, my first thought is that I fully expect there to be a South Park episode parodying this within a week of the thing being released?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum